Jo Pratt’s Tenderstem®, Ricotta and Cherry Tomato Fingers
These tasty puff pastry fingers are easy to prepare and wonderfully versatile.
375g ready-rolled puff pastry
250g ricotta cheese
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
50g Parmesan cheese, grated
1 clove of garlic, crushed
Salt and pepper, for seasoning
200g Tenderstem® broccoli tips
14 cherry tomatoes, halved
Oil for greasing
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/fan 180ºC/gas 6.
2. Unroll the pastry from the packet, and cut into 14-16 rectangles. Place the pastry pieces on to a lightly oiled baking tray and prick each one a couple of times with a fork.
3. Mix together the ricotta, eggs, roughly two thirds of the parmesan, garlic and season with salt and pepper. Once smooth, spoon onto the pastry pieces and spread lightly with the back of the spoon, leaving a small border of pastry around the edge.
4. Arrange a piece of Tenderstem® and two tomato halves per pastry piece on top of the ricotta mixture and press down gently. Scatter over the remaining parmesan.
5. Place in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes until the filling has set and is becoming golden.
6. Remove from the oven and serve hot, warm or at room temperature.