Lamb chops with kale & bulgur wheat
A simple dish that's perfect for a mid-week meal and packed with vitamins and minerals to keep you healthy.
4 lean lamb chops or bone-in lamb leg steaks
30ml/2tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
Salt and freshly milled black pepper
1 onion, peeled and chopped
2 large garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
700ml/1¼pint good, hot lamb stock
200g/7oz bulgur wheat or brown rice
75g/3oz kale or winter greens
Juice of ½ lemon
30ml/2tbsp prepared red or green pesto
1. Place the lamb on a chopping board, brush with half the oil and season on both sides.
2. Heat the remaining oil in a large non-stick pan with a lid. Cook the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes until soft.
3. Add the stock and bulgur wheat, reduce the heat, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes. Add the kale or winter greens and cook for a further 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, heat a non-stick or griddle pan and cook the lamb for 6-8 minutes on each side. Add the lemon juice.
5. Spoon the bulgur wheat mixture onto a plate and add the lamb and any juices from the pan.
6. Serve with a spoonful of pesto.
For everything you need to know about beef and lamb, more recipe ideas, and information about the Red Tractor and Quality Standard Scheme, please visit: http://www.simplybeefandlamb.co.uk