For the turkey balls:
500g minced turkey
3 slices of white bread, crusts removed and blitzed in a food processor
1 medium egg
A small bunch of curly parsley, finely chopped
1 medium onion, finely diced
1 tsp Rosemary Sea Salt
For the breadcrumb coating:
200g of Japanese Panko bread crumbs
2 eggs, beaten with a little water
For the dip:
1 small jar of cranberry sauce
1 fresh red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1. Place the turkey mince in a large bowl and break it up a bit.
2. Add your homemade bread crumbs, egg, onion and parsley and season with the Rosemary Sea Salt.
3. Take a little of the mixture, roll into a ball and flatten into a patty. Gently fry in a little oil until cooked.
4. Take small amounts of your turkey mince and roll into balls about the size of a large marble. Place them on a plate, cover and refrigerate for 20 – 30 minutes.
5. Meanwhile take 3 bowls. In one add the Panko bread crumbs, in another add the flour and in the third add the eggs.
6. Remove the turkey balls from the fridge. One by one roll the balls around in the flour then dip in the beaten egg allowing any excess to drip off then roll around in the bread crumbs. Place on a tray and repeat with the rest of the turkey balls.
7. To cook, pre heat your oven to 180 c. Heat a little oil in a heavy based frying pan and cook the turkey balls in batches jostling them around regularly until golden brown. Remove to an oven tray and repeat with the rest of the balls. Then finish the cooking in the oven for 10 minutes while you prepare the dipping sauce.
8. Empty a jar of cranberry sauce into a sauce pan. Add the balsamic vinegar and finely diced chilli. Gently heat, stirring all the time until the ingredients have melted together. Pour into a small bowl. When thoroughly cooked through remove the turkey balls from the oven and place in a large bowl. Serve with the cranberry dipping sauce.