1. Add a pinch of salt to the 0% Fat Natural Yeogurt and stir. Line a sieve with a clean cotton tea towel, put it on a large jug and pour the Yeogurt on the tea towel. Cover and transfer to the fridge for 24 hours.
2. The next day, line the base of a 23cm spring-form cake tin with parchment paper.
3. Melt the butter, crush the biscuits and mix them together. Pour the mixture into the cake tin, spread evenly and press it down firmly.
4. Remove the Yeogurt from the fridge (careful not to spill the liquid in the jug) and remove the cheese that’s in the tea towel.
5. Put the cheese, cream, sugar and vanilla essence into an electric mixer and whisk until well mixed and the cream has started to form a soft whip. Do not over whisk.
6. Spread the cheese mix over the biscuit base and smooth out with the back of a spoon. Leave to chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
7. To serve, slice the cake into wedges and spoon over the Yeo Valley Rhubarb & Strawberry Compote – or you could try our other compotes, Summer Berry and Apple & Blackberry.
8. You can make mini cheesecakes in old jam jars – just leave out the butter from the biscuit base, pipe the cheese into the jars, and top with the compote. You can also use the whey liquid left over from the yogurt and make bread from it… look out for a recipe soon.